You Might Be A Parent If……..
I know this is my first post in a while but it has already been one hell of a year for me. Between my heater going out for a whole week and finding out really bad stuff about my ex, I just have not been in the mood to blog. Which is a huge mistake because I get such joy out of it. So as a tribute to my readers, especially the awesome parents out there, you know who you are, here is one of my lists that people seem to enjoy so much.
Jeff Foxworthy has made the saying you might be a redneck if….
Well I have decided that I want my own catch phrase and since I always laugh at what he says this pays a little homage to him to, hence the title. You know since I am a little redneck myself lol. So here it goes my top ten things that make a parent a parent:
1. At any given time you have been in the middle of the grocery store and someone points out an unidentifiable substance on your shirt. You being the parent first smell it and if it is not rank lick it, sending the other person away gagging into their grocery bag. Come on it was just a little chocolate.
2. You go rushing out of the house in the morning to get the kids to school and in the mad dash to get them there on time you get pulled over. After the cop looks at you like you have 2 heads and the kids in the backseat are letting you know that they are telling dad, you realize you forgot a couple of rollers on top of your head, the fluffy slippers with eyes and the fuzzy bathrobe hanging open. You know there was a time in your life that would have gotten you out of the ticket not the other way around.
3. After a long day of wrestling little ones in and out of the car, fighting with a squirmy puppy, trying to make something that resembles a dinner and getting the kids into bed you try to enjoy the quiet house. All this is shattered by the husband hollering for his clean socks, his clean towel, and his things for in the morning. To top it all off he cannot understand why you are not “in the mood” and you do not even want to be touched.
4. It is later afternoon the baby is finally asleep and you have a moment to yourself while you fold a mountain of laundry and cuss out the skinny chick on television that had the baby 2 seconds ago and is complaining about wearing a size 5 instead of a 2. This is when you realize you forgot today is your carpool day so out the door you race in your sweats praying you don’t smell to bad. Then back into the house you go to get the sleeping baby. Then back in the house again for the car keys that are now locked inside with the cell phone.
(Let me tell you a post baby body does not slide through the bedroom window like it did fifteen years ago. It is even worse when the dog is jumping up licking your grunting face from the bed you are trying to aim at, but instead hit the floor. All you can do is stare at the ceiling while you are waiting for your lungs to re-inflate and think why me?)
5. You realize that the terms “pissed on” and “shit on” take on a whole new meaning. I will not even elaborate on that one. If you have had a baby you know what I am talking about.
6. Your clothes are no longer your clothes. Some how the few remaining dresses that somewhat fit and is kind of decent enough for dinner with the husband/boyfriend has become your daughters dress up clothes. Your one pair of prized hooker heels (come on ladies admit you have a pair hidden in the closet!) have become their princess shoes for them to wobble around the house in when you are not looking.
7. Personal products are no longer personal. You walk into the bathroom to find your son and his friends shooting your tampons as hard as they can up into the air so they land in the bathtub full of water and expand so fast all they can do is giggle.
8.Your silverware drawer that used to have beautiful designs that matched are now mismatched and mis-sized. This is because most of your spoons are buried in the garden and the forks have become little crucifixes for little green army men.
9. One morning you stumble into work wearing clothes that are barely clean and not really matching, but the dark circles under your eyes actually match your dark shoes. This is because you have been up all night with one or more kid, being puked on, coughed on, and snotted on. Then you manage to get a couple of hours sleep after you dose them with nighttime medicine in the middle of the night. OMG they then bounce out of bed in the morning with a miraculous recovery because there is a birthday party after school they just have to go to or die.
10. You swear on your grandmothers grave that if you hear advise or how well someone is going to raise their kids so that they do not act like your little devil spawn running circles around you and they do not have kids; well lets just say they have “by reason of insanity” for a reason.
If you fit any of these then you just might be a parent lol!!! Re-reading this post I wonder how any of us do it somedays, both with a partner and alone.
So welcome back me and let’s hope it gets better for the Nuthouse. I missed everyone terribly and hope to hear from all soon.
This entry was posted on March 3, 2009 at 12:11 am and is filed under angels, anger, Blogroll, children, cleansing, clothes, co-workers, cute kid questions, cuteness, dog, Dolls, early morning, emergency, emotional, entertainment, fall, family, fire, friends, frustration, fun, funny, funny things kids do, giving, growing up, healing, health, help, hope, horror, humor, job, KIDS, life, mom, parenting, personal, personality, pets, puggle, random, sick, single mom, thoughts, Uncategorized, work with tags challenges, dressing up, frustration, getting pulled over, humor, jeff foxworthy, keys locked in car, KIDS, locked out of house, missing silverware, playing, sick kids, single parent, tampons, working mom. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.